NDA or National Defence Academy is a premier defence training institute of this country. It serves as a stepping stone for aspirants who wish to join the defence force. UPSC or Union Public Service Commission holds an entrance test of national level, called NDA Exam, twice every year. Aspirants willing to seek admission to National Defence Academy have to clear both rounds of selection test and medical fitness test. Now, the question is, how to make preparation for SSB interview after passing written exam of NDA.
SSB interview is a vital aspect of selection process in NDA because it determines final recommendation of candidates. SSB screening procedure includes two steps –
- Stage 1 testing is simply a screening test to determine which candidates will move to the next testing level. This testing comprises of Picture Perception & Description Test.
- Stage 2 testing involves series of testing for a period of four to five days. Candidates passing the Stage 1 testing only qualify for Stage 2. Disqualified candidates of Stage 1 testing are sent home. this testing comprises of Conference, Interview, Psychology Tests and Group Testing Office Tasks.
SSB Coaching Centre in Kolkata grooms students in all aspects so that they can crack the interview and tests processes.
A Guide to Excel in SSB Interview of NDA
Candidates passing written exam of NDA are invited for SSB interview where members of Services Selection Board (SSB) conduct a series of psychological and personality assessments. The tests evaluate a candidate’s eligibility for joining the defence forces. Now, while preparing for SSB interview, there are certain very crucial things that every candidate should keep in mind. They are –
- Collect all information you want regarding SSB tests and processes.
- Practice for different tests like SRT, SD, TAT and WAT.
- Always update your knowledge and multidisciplinary skills for varied tests.
- Stay updated with current events.
- Prepare yourself for GPE or Group Planning Exercise and GD or Group Discussion.
- Improve your oratory skills and confidence for better performance.
- Know in depth about your hometown.
Asides all these, aspirants should focus on enhancing their oratory skills and proficiency in English. Improving general knowledge and awareness about current affairs is very essential for cracking SSB interview tests. Aspirants should learn to effectively express their ideas and inculcate confidence in them. Candidates should adopt a problem-solving approach and must have fair observation. SSB Coaching in Kolkata intends to build these traits in aspirants.